[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of the QA Call tomorrow, Tuesday 1300UTC

Florian Effenberger floeff at documentfoundation.org
Fri Nov 2 08:13:18 PDT 2012

Hi,

Petr Mladek wrote on 2012-11-02 14:12:

> I wonder if wiki is good for this purpose or it there is a better
> solutions. I am afraid that we could not increase the limit in bugzilla
> easily.

the wiki is used for that, lacking alternatives, but it is definitely
not optimal. :/

If you let me know what you need, I can see if we can set up e.g. a web
service for doing so. Anonymous FTP is a risk becuase everyone can abuse
us as "filehoster" then, but would something with authentication people
can sign up via email, like done on the wiki, be sufficient?

> Are attachments completely disabled on the qa at fr.libreoffice.org mailing
> list?
>
> IMHO, a good practice is to allow attachments up to 100kB. Large
> documents should wait for moderator approval. In general, big
> attachments are not a good idea because of the multiplication effect
> (too many receivers).

They're fully disabled on purpose. I'd be hesitant enabling them,
especially because it also requires some development work on our side
regarding the filters. Right now it's all or nothing, i.e. no
attachments or all attachments...

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108