[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of the QA Call tomorrow, Tuesday 1300UTC

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:19:58 PDT 2012

> Hi,
>
> Petr Mladek wrote on 2012-11-02 14:12:
>
>> I wonder if wiki is good for this purpose or it there is a better
>> solutions. I am afraid that we could not increase the limit in bugzilla
>> easily.
>
> the wiki is used for that, lacking alternatives, but it is definitely
> not optimal. :/
>
> If you let me know what you need, I can see if we can set up e.g. a web
> service for doing so. Anonymous FTP is a risk becuase everyone can abuse
> us as "filehoster" then, but would something with authentication people
> can sign up via email, like done on the wiki, be sufficient?

What we need is a very simple way for a French user to send an
attachment. If he needs to subscribe or register elsewhere and elsewhere
again, I fear we'll just have to close the bug because he will never
come back.

>> Are attachments completely disabled on the qa at fr.libreoffice.org mailing
>> list?
>>
>> IMHO, a good practice is to allow attachments up to 100kB. Large
>> documents should wait for moderator approval. In general, big
>> attachments are not a good idea because of the multiplication effect
>> (too many receivers).
>
> They're fully disabled on purpose. I'd be hesitant enabling them,
> especially because it also requires some development work on our side
> regarding the filters. Right now it's all or nothing, i.e. no
> attachments or all attachments...

For a list like QA at fr and the process we try to put in place it could be
a good solution however.

Kind regards
Sophie

--