[Libreoffice-qa] Stats I plotted + Getting rid of bugs - appealing

bfo bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Sat Nov 3 04:54:40 PDT 2012

Rainer Bielefeld-2 wrote
> If we would have 10 people who do an extra review per day for
> the Bugs from Florians queries, we would be through before next spring.

Hi!
It is possible, but I am concerned about another thing. Look at this chart:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/reports.cgi?product=LibreOffice&datasets=NEW
There are already more than 3500 bugs ready to go for developers. What good
if we add another 1000 (with current backlog in UNCONFIRMED it is possible)?
Looking at regressions' and MABs' stats every week you have to be a very
strong mental person to continue playing with bugs... You put an effort and
energy to process them, but the stack is growing anyway. It is sisyphean
work...
The real problem is that there is no roadmap to fix those issues. More, in
my opinion, without Component managers, responsible for nominating those
bugs for each maintenance release (wishful thinking enabled), considering
current rate of closing max. 8 Bugzilla bugs daily, it is simply impossible.
On the other way HardHack nomination process and fixing rate is quite good
example that when you show which bugs should be fixed, this could work and
better the quality of the product. The time has come to introduce this on a
massive scale. I would propose to fight dataloss and regressions first.
Best regards.