[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:10:24 PST 2012

Hi Petr, all

Petr Mladek wrote
> We listen :-) Well, the testing can be done even with Dev builds.

I know you do listen. The problem is that I don't have the knowledge and
(most of the time) you don't have the time to act upon it ;)

I already did a similar thing under Windows (renamed the profile from \3 to
\4) and everything worked as expected.

Petr Mladek wrote
> The only problem I found was Tools/Options/LibreOffice/Appearance
> because there are named schemes (LibreOffice vs. LoDev). Well, this can
> be tested as well if you create your own scheme.

This just proves my point that *full* early testing is important ;)

Petr Mladek wrote
> So this testing is needed only once every few
> years.

And therefore even more important/sensitive ;) Unless TDF decides to do a
"Google/Mozilla" version scheme and this will become monthly :)

Petr Mladek wrote
> Another solution would be to build 4.0-betas with release
> configuration. I guess that it can be installed in parallel with LO-3
> even on Windows because it uses another prefix, ...  How does that
> sound?

What do you mean "release configuration"?

Cheers,
Pedro