[Libreoffice-qa] Master builds name revisited

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:17:36 PST 2012

Hi Rainer

Rainer Bielefeld-2 wrote
> I have notes for every download I install
> with additional info concerning tinderbox, pull date and some info else.
> As you can see, I always contribute that info from my notes in my
> reports and comments.

Actually I also keep such a text file. But I find it absurd. And if TDF
wants to promote early testing and attract people to QA, this is definitely
not the way to do it.  "You can catch more flies with honey than with
vinegar"

Rainer Bielefeld-2 wrote
> IMHO it's not necessary to have that info in the about box (we should
> not unsettle users with these details). But in a version.ini or similar
> such additional info (as we also find in the .txt documents provided
> with every (WIN) Master build) would be great.

Agreed. Indeed it is excessive information for a user friendly About box.

Rainer Bielefeld-2 wrote
> My suggestion: integrate the info of the build info text document
> (provided with each build) into the build itself so that it becomes
> installed as "buildinfo.txt" somewhere in the program folder. I think
> that's enough.

Brilliant! That will do just fine! There is no need to code or hack. Just
include the file, please! *Petr*?

Thanks Rainer!

Cheers,
Pedro