[Libreoffice-qa] Master builds name revisited

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Tue Nov 27 09:14:16 PST 2012

Pedro schrieb:

> One year later, after installing (at least under Windows) there is still no
> way to know if build

Hi,

yes, current incomplete Info in the about box causes some problems. Not
for me and my normal tests, I have notes for every download I install
with additional info concerning tinderbox, pull date and some info else.
As you can see, I always contribute that info from my notes in my
reports and comments.

But when I discuss with occasional testers, there indeed is a problem,
it's often very difficult to find out where his version is in the
history. For these cases indeed additional info with simple access would
be great.

IMHO it's not necessary to have that info in the about box (we should
not unsettle users with these details). But in a version.ini or similar
such additional info (as we also find in the .txt documents provided
with every (WIN) Master build) would be great.

My suggestion: integrate the info of the build info text document
(provided with each build) into the build itself so that it becomes
installed as "buildinfo.txt" somewhere in the program folder. I think
that's enough.

Best regards

Rainer