[Libreoffice-qa] Master builds name revisited

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:05:47 PST 2012

Hi Norbert

Norbert Thiebaud wrote
> I count 3 out of 13 that seems to have their '@' sign gobbled up that
> a far cry from 'most'...
> that being said it would be best indeed to ping the owner of these box
> to get them to fix that...

And another 2 (named W2008R2) refer to the host OS not the Target OS ;)

So, yes, most was an exaggeration. But the idea is that if all Tinderboxes
are correctly identified, then each one has a  unique number, thus answering
Michael's question.

In any case I think that Rainer's suggestion is perfect.

I would even risk that the BuildID string could be removed from the About
box and just add a nice "Build Info" button that would open buildinfo.txt
(with whatever program is associated with txt files in the user's machine)

This would make the About box less "geeky" and still provide easy access to
all the needed information for QA people :)

Cheers,
Pedro