[Libreoffice-qa] Master builds name revisited

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:39:34 PST 2012

Hi Petr, all

Petr Mladek wrote
> Note that it might take longer time because I need to test it carefully
> to do not break all tinderboxes :-)

Don't worry, a few are broken already :)
http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/MASTER/status.html

Petr Mladek wrote
> You might say that I broke the nice design of the about dialog again.
> Well, this line won't appear in official builds. IMHO, it is very handy
> to have everything on one place, so you could just open the dialog and
> paste the info into bugzilla. Also I think that it is easier to have it
> in about dialog than in any file somewhere hidden on the system. And to
> be honest, this was the easiest solution :-)

This is absolutely perfect!!! Much better than the text file. I assumed it
was easier to use the text file. This is in fact what I have been asking
since December 2011 :)

Thank you for implementing this and for the screenshot :)

I'm sure the marketing and design guys won't be upset since this is for QA
geeks only :)

As long as the final user version doesn't have any of this, that is.  I
assume the idea is that Public Betas and RC builds will not include this
info either?

In fact as I suggested earlier I think the BuildID could be completely
removed from the About box of  public stable releases since there is no
possible confusion between versions (and it is ugly :) ).

Cheers,
Pedro