[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice "Help->Send Feedback" & BSA

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Oct 12 08:20:22 PDT 2012

Hi Bjoern,

Le 2012-10-12 05:22, Bjoern Michaelsen a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 01:09:50PM -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
>> I just noticed that when in LibreOffice, if I have a problem and
>> want to send feedback, I go to Help->Send Feedback, my browser opens
>> to the BSA page. All looks great. BUT, at this point, if I want to
>> leave some feedback and don't have a bugzilla account (which, in all
>> probability the user will not have), I am redirected to the bugzilla
>> account registration page. I then register and email address which
>> sends a confirmation email to my emailer to which I click on the
>> link which then opens my browser to the Freedesktop bugzilla page
>> with a list of approximately 50 projects to which I have to find
>> LibreOffice. I then click on the link and I am taken to the
>> LibreOffice Freedesktop bugzilla page.
>>
>> These are quite a few steps for a user who wishes to leave feedback
>> on the suite.
>
> The solution to this is getting the bugzilla OpenID integration:
>
>   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA-ImprovingBugzilla#2._OpenID
>
> I need to talk with Tollef Fog Heen about the progress there, but I am stuffed
> with work. Are you maybe interested in championing this issue (not by
> development, which Tollef should handle, but just progress tracking etc.)?
>
> Best,
>
> Bjoern

Ahh! I had not thought of OpenID. We had a discussion on OpenID with the
Website team and I was hoping that the TDF/LibreOffice could become an
OpenID provider. This would cover us completely. The only issue I would
see with the OpneID is the security issue which is crucial to becoming
an OpenID provider. But, I think this would be a big plus for the TDF.

BTW ... I should note that for some users, the words "Send Feedback"
could just as easily mean "Send a comment on the office suite". So I
sort of agree with the line of thinking of Roman and Nino who wondered
if anonymous bug filing should be enabled. I am not saying that the bug
filing should be enabled (I am definitely NOT in favour of this), BUT,
that in the BSA, there should be an option for the users to either leave
a comment or a bug report. Both could use OpenID, but leaving a comment
would not involve leaving a bug but lead users to our Facebook,
Identi.ca, Diaspora etc. wall for them to leave a comment ... or
something like that.

Sure, no problem with tracking the progress should Tollef Fog Heen agree
to this. Is this something that could be combined with Yi Fan's effort
on Moztrap. It looks like he is making some headway on this. Maybe we
could combine the efforts for both BSA and Moztrap and get it done quicker?

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré