[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice "Help->Send Feedback" & BSA

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Oct 12 02:22:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 01:09:50PM -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
> I just noticed that when in LibreOffice, if I have a problem and
> want to send feedback, I go to Help->Send Feedback, my browser opens
> to the BSA page. All looks great. BUT, at this point, if I want to
> leave some feedback and don't have a bugzilla account (which, in all
> probability the user will not have), I am redirected to the bugzilla
> account registration page. I then register and email address which
> sends a confirmation email to my emailer to which I click on the
> link which then opens my browser to the Freedesktop bugzilla page
> with a list of approximately 50 projects to which I have to find
> LibreOffice. I then click on the link and I am taken to the
> LibreOffice Freedesktop bugzilla page.
>
> These are quite a few steps for a user who wishes to leave feedback
> on the suite.

The solution to this is getting the bugzilla OpenID integration:

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA-ImprovingBugzilla#2._OpenID

I need to talk with Tollef Fog Heen about the progress there, but I am stuffed
with work. Are you maybe interested in championing this issue (not by
development, which Tollef should handle, but just progress tracking etc.)?

Best,

Bjoern