[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-accessibility] Adding "Accessibility" component to Bug Assistant

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Sep 3 08:54:08 PDT 2012

Rainer Bielefeld píše v Pá 31. 08. 2012 v 06:36 +0200:
> the advantage of an "Accessibility" Component would be that it can
> easily be selected from a pulldown, no typos or other mistakes can
> happen.But a problem is that an "Accessibility" Component would not
> indicate what developer might be the one who can fix the problem. So it
> always would be replaced during the bug triaging and fixing process.

Well, I think think that most bugs will be about that accessibility does
not work at all or that it does not work for some particular UI
elements. I think that most bugs will affect all LO applications and
will be in the shared code => the component would be fine after all.

I would imagine that we get an expert interested for these bugs.

> So I currently think about a Bug Submission Assistant enhancement. We
> can add a checkbox "Accessibility affected", and the Assistant will add
> "Accessibility"

Interesting idea; Well, it does not solve the problem when people report
bugs directly into bugzilla.

> a) as additional pseudo key word to the Bug Summary line. The advantage
> of this solution is that the key word would be very visible.
> or
> b) as additional pseudo key word to the whiteboard
> or will
> c) set Key word "Accessibility" to the Keyword pane (it should not be a
> problem to get this new key word from FDO). The advantae of this
> solution is that it also eases and unifies handling in Bugzilla itself,
> not only via BSA.
> And of course
> d) New Component "Accessibility"
> still can be discussed.
>
> My order of preference (descending):
> c - a - b - d
>
> Your opinion?

After all, my preference is: d a b c

d - is easiest for implementing and also for using by disabled users;
    it would work well
a - is natural; people would mention this word anyway in the summary
b - we use whiteboard in many other situations already
c - keywords are not much used these days => non-standard solution

Best Regards,
Petr