[Libreoffice-qa] Regression test (Moztrap) test case localization temporary solution.

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Sep 7 03:16:30 PDT 2012

Yi Fan Jiang píše v Pá 07. 09. 2012 v 02:44 -0600:
> Hi Petr, all,

> > > *0*

> > > It should be possible, I'll make a quick "fix" this week.
> >
> > Great. I keep my fingers crossed.
>
> Done, the page now only show version 0 cases:
>
>   http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/cases/

Cool.

> The following is some explanations:

> By default the case management page filtering out only the *latest*
> version.

>  So I changed the filter to always show "Version 0" instead of the
> *latest* version as a solution.

Yup. this makes sense.

> Meanwhile switching among versions is still available by 2 ways:
>
>   1. click the Advance Filtering button and click "Libreoffice x.x" in
> product version criteria field.

Ah, the advanced filtering is powerful and nice. Though, I am afraid
that it is a bit confusing. You select the version in advanced filtering
in one dialog (list of test cases) and by drop-down box in the other
(edit test case).

A solution would be to remove the version selection from the advanced
filtering and add the version selection drop-down list instead.
IMHO, this might be more clear and more intuitive.

Well, we might try the current state and improve it if needed.

> It is noticeable for those cases particularly created for a version
> X.Y while not existed in Version 0, only the way 1 is available. But I
> doubt it will be a usual case :)

If we show "0" by default, all test cases should be primary developed in
this version. It is similar with the source development where everything
is done primary in "master" branch. A test case for the version "0" is
like a test case for "master". We could create(branch) the test cases
fot 3.7 release when we branch sources for 3.7.

Another possibility would be to ignore the version "0" and branch "3.7"
from "3.6" test cases. The question is when to do it. Also this might
cause confusion because it is different from the source development
model.

In each case, people need to be careful what version of test cases they
edit.

BTW: Is it possible to easily copy test case from one version to the
other using the UI? Or is there some alternative of "git cherry-pick"
where you could apply changes to other branches?

Anyway, I think that it looks reasonable now. Though, we need to hear
feedback from the QA community. Non-developers might have different
point of view. They are not that familiar git branches, ...

Best Regards,
Petr