[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap login CSRF issue fix - testing needed.

Yi Fan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Sun Sep 23 21:37:03 PDT 2012

Dear all,

About the annoying login CSRF issue  (nearly everyone has experienced),
it seems gone after some tuning of the Caching method of Moztrap today.
Would you help to have a try. I tested it myself in the latest  Firefox
and Chrome with cheerful login path :)

To test it:

1. logout and login with native user/pwd  -> you should not see the csrf error
2. logout and login with your Persona -> you should not see the csrf error
3. register a new user with the native registration form  -> you should not see the CSRF error whenever in the  process of registration
    http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/users/register/
4. try to reset the password -> you should not see the CSRF error whenever in the  process of resetting password

Finally,  just let me leave a tech-note here of what I did (basically it's all about to use a memcached backend):

    1. install memchached and related bindings instead of anything else :)

        memcached
        libmemcached-dev
        pylibmc
        python-pylibmc

    2. enable the memcached backend in Moztrap in settings/local.py:

    CACHES = {
       "default": {
           "BACKEND": 'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',
           "LOCATION": "vm12.documentfoundation.org:11211",
       }
    }

    The tokens now should be cached reliably now.

Best wishes,
Yifan