[Libreoffice-qa] [Moztrap] Some questions to the test cases, particularly #130

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Mon Apr 1 19:56:43 PDT 2013

Good morning Yifan, *,
during my translation of the test cases in Moztrap into German, I
stumbled upon #130
(http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/case/130/). There I found
<quote>
Click on the mouse on the File -> Templates sub-menu and click on each
items inside (vp. 6)
</quote>

I have looked in my installed LO Version 4.0.2.2 (Build ID:
4c82dcdd6efcd48b1d8bba66bfe1989deee49c3) as well as in Version 4.0.1.2
(Build ID: 84102822e3d61eb989ddd325abf1ac077904985) under Debian Testing
AMD64, but have neither in my Germanophone UI nor when I switch the UI
to English such an entry in the menu ... :( I have only found one under
File -> New (in German: Datei -> Neu...). Now I am not sure, if this is
a relic from former versions (or from OOo times) or if you use a
different version or the like ... :(

What version of LO (with what locale on your OS, which OS etc.) are you
using to create the test cases? Is there a difference to my
system/version? If not, could you correct the test and its expected
result?

And I would like to see some native speakers of the English language to
proofread the test cases ... ;) Maybe my English is too bad and/or there
were some changes since my last lessons, but the example above sounds a
little bit strange to me* ... :( Do not get me wrong: I neither want to
be rude nor belittle your work at Moztrap, but should this not be
<quote>
Click on the File -> Templates sub-menu and click on each
item inside (vp. 6)
</quote>
instead? And as a final question: What does this "vp." mean?

* This is not the only description, where I was wondering about the
wording ... ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience and have a nice day
Thomas.