[Libreoffice-qa] [Moztrap] Some questions to the test cases, particularly #130

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Tue Apr 2 03:04:15 PDT 2013

Hi Devs,

    Sorry to interrupt, just to confirm, were you aware of some
    changes to the menu item File->Template (it seemed gone since
    4.x)?

    The background is we were talking about vp.6 in a regression test case:

    http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/cases/?&pagenumber=1&pagesize=20&sortfield=created_on&sortdirection=desc&filter-id=130

    And if we ever removed the menu, we will update the test
    case as well. Thanks for your confirmative information:)

Hi Thomas,

    Thanks for the thorough review of the testing :) Yes, I found the
    submenu seems gone on my 4.x build as well. The case may need update
    since it was written based on the 3.6.x build.

    Referring to your question, "vp" means "verify point", vp.1
    appended to a step indicates the "expected result" will start with
    numbering 1, eg.:

    In English // steps

        Launch LibreOffice main program (vp. 1)
        Click on the "File" menu (vp. 2 vp. 3)

    In English // expected result

        1. The welcome window should be appeared
        2. These menu items should be activated: New, Open, Recent Documents, Wizards, Close, Templates, Exit

Best wishes,
Yifan

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 04:56:43AM +0200, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> Good morning Yifan, *,
> during my translation of the test cases in Moztrap into German, I
> stumbled upon #130
> (http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/case/130/). There I found
> <quote>
> Click on the mouse on the File -> Templates sub-menu and click on each
> items inside (vp. 6)
> </quote>
>
> I have looked in my installed LO Version 4.0.2.2 (Build ID:
> 4c82dcdd6efcd48b1d8bba66bfe1989deee49c3) as well as in Version 4.0.1.2
> (Build ID: 84102822e3d61eb989ddd325abf1ac077904985) under Debian Testing
> AMD64, but have neither in my Germanophone UI nor when I switch the UI
> to English such an entry in the menu ... :( I have only found one under
> File -> New (in German: Datei -> Neu...). Now I am not sure, if this is
> a relic from former versions (or from OOo times) or if you use a
> different version or the like ... :(
>
> What version of LO (with what locale on your OS, which OS etc.) are you
> using to create the test cases? Is there a difference to my
> system/version? If not, could you correct the test and its expected
> result?
>
> And I would like to see some native speakers of the English language to
> proofread the test cases ... ;) Maybe my English is too bad and/or there
> were some changes since my last lessons, but the example above sounds a
> little bit strange to me* ... :( Do not get me wrong: I neither want to
> be rude nor belittle your work at Moztrap, but should this not be
> <quote>
> Click on the File -> Templates sub-menu and click on each
> item inside (vp. 6)
> </quote>
> instead? And as a final question: What does this "vp." mean?
>
> * This is not the only description, where I was wondering about the
> wording ... ;)
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience and have a nice day
> Thomas.

  Yifan Jiang
  Libreoffice / SUSE
  Contact: yifan - irc.freenode.net/libreoffice