[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla administration info - Help for

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 19:05:31 PDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Rainer Bielefeld
<LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de> wrote:

> So my conclusion: no objections againsst such query links in a little more
> space saving, less dominang design in the Read more areas. Recommend to use
> Templates directly when you start, because maintenance of the original very
> long links in lots of Help templates  would be very challenging.

+1
If we need to duplicate this data across multiple pages, Templates
sounds like a sane way to make this work.

> It seems Qubit (bishop.robinson at gmail.com) is very active in that area with
> a cleanup, I think you should coordinate your ideas with him.

:-)

On a similar note, I'm wondering if we can refactor some of the BSA
component help pages under QA/BSA/. If I understand correctly, the
following pages provide information that we link to from the BSA:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugzAssHlp_Android_Impress_Remote_long
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugzAssHlp_Writer_long

My first thought would be to move those pages to something like the following:
QA/BSA/Component/Android Impress Remote
QA/BSA/Component/Writer

It looks like these BSA help pages are related to the
BugReport_Details page, but I'm a little confused about how all of the
pieces fit together. Perhaps there's some content on the
BugReport_Details page that isn't used by the BSA that we could
factor-out, or perhaps we could factor-out the BSA-specific part to a
BSA/Details page?

Cheers,
--R