[Libreoffice-qa] Lifecycle of builds?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Apr 9 04:11:48 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 09:05 -0700, Pedro wrote:
> I think End of Life in that image doesn't mean the same as it does for
> Microsoft software (or any other software I know)...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-life_%28product%29

	:-) and of course these versions can be supported, and have patches
pushed to them in git for many years to come if people care about them.
As Pedro says we have a 3.6.7 planned for that branch.

> But I do agree that it would make a LOT of sense to have that established so
> that not only some stuff can be cleaned up but also so that people at
> AskLibO (or any other support channel) can tell people that the version x is
> no longer supported and that they really need to update their software :)

	Right - so anyone using 3.5.x or earlier at this stage needs to either
buy commercial support for that version or upgrade (IMHO) there is
~no-one that I know of interested in providing security fixes / updates
for that tree. We're also feature-freezing 4.1 in ~six weeks ...

	What we call that - FWIW I like "End of Life" better than "End of
Support" - because (really) support is a bit misleading and sounds like
an entitlement, and EOL is a well-known acroynm. Is there a better
name ?

	HTH,

		Michael.