[Libreoffice-qa] Lifecycle of builds?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 06:53:42 PDT 2013

Hi Michael, all

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> 	Right - so anyone using 3.5.x or earlier at this stage needs to either
> buy commercial support for that version or upgrade (IMHO) there is
> ~no-one that I know of interested in providing security fixes / updates
> for that tree.

I think the BOD should officially set some dates and post them on the wiki.
Something like this
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/default.aspx?LN=en-us&x=5&y=13&c2=1173

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> 	What we call that - FWIW I like "End of Life" better than "End of
> Support" - because (really) support is a bit misleading and sounds like
> an entitlement, and EOL is a well-known acroynm. Is there a better
> name ?

I believe EOL is fine.
The image just needs to be corrected by user "uroveits".
I would simply remove that EOL thing until the BOD has some official dates.

In any case I think he/she just copied the dates from the release plan...
Version 3.5.7 was officially announced on October 18th so it could not be
EOL even before it was announced...

Maybe he/she meant End of Line or End of Development for the branch??? But
doesn't apply (yet) to the 3.6 branch...

Cheers,
Pedro