[Libreoffice-qa] moztrap documentation feedback

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Apr 9 04:17:37 PDT 2013

Thomas Hackert píše v Út 09. 04. 2013 v 04:12 +0200:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 07:41:59PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> I think, you misunderstood me: I was not scared about its content, but
> the amount of links Yifan offered to me ... ;)

I think that we should not mention all the links in the first mail :-)

> >     + Are there any really useful parts?
> >     + Are there any really useless parts?
>
> Somehow ... Yes :) But I was missing a more extended explanation for
> translators ... :( Such things like ...

Good to know!

> 1. I have found in most test cases the beginning "In German", but when I
> looked at the inactive Base test cases (why are they inactive, btw.?), I
> found a different structure with a "[de]" in front of the segment. Is
> this a relic from the OOo-TCM? And would it not be better to use this
> structure?

The disabled tests use the old format. They need to get reformatted
before they get enabled.

The problem is that Moztrap does not support localizations. We are
looking for a volunteer who could implement it. In the meantime, we need
to use a workaround. We started with the old format but people
complained that the tests were hard to proceed. There were too many
lines between each step. So, Yi Fan started to convert the tests into
the new format where all steps and results are in one place for a given
locale.

>  And I seem to remember (from the ToDo list, I think ... ;) )
> that an import of old test cases is planned. What is the status here?
> Are translations of them are imported as well?

AFAIK, Yi Fan already ported all useful test cases. I think that he
ignored some trivial tests that did not make much sense. But I might be
wrong.

> 2. How do I get my translated test cases in a test run? A short test
> during my translation shows me, that they were not in there ... :( Or
> does someone have to prove them first and then they get active?

I am afraid that this is related to the branches. If you modify the text
in the branch "0" it is not automatically updated in other branches. I
am not sure if there is a way to synchronize this. Yi Fan?

Sigh, I am looking forward to have a real localization support in
Moztrap.

> ... And maybe some more, which I forgot ... ;)

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

> > I wonder if we could somehow change the structure to make the start
> > easier. I would be great to split the really necessary steps and other
> > details that could be read later. :-)

I do not have time for this myself right now. But I hope that me or
anyone else would have time to do it soon.

Best Regards,
Petr