[Libreoffice-qa] moztrap documentation feedback

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Tue Apr 9 23:03:33 PDT 2013

Hi Petr, Thomas,

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 01:17:37PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> >  And I seem to remember (from the ToDo list, I think ... ;) )
> > that an import of old test cases is planned. What is the status here?
> > Are translations of them are imported as well?
>
> AFAIK, Yi Fan already ported all useful test cases. I think that he
> ignored some trivial tests that did not make much sense. But I might be
> wrong.

Yes, the status is done :) We have migrated old cases from Litmus and
got them updated to Moztrap with merging duplicated steps or cases as
well as wording revising.

> > 2. How do I get my translated test cases in a test run? A short test
> > during my translation shows me, that they were not in there ... :( Or
> > does someone have to prove them first and then they get active?
>
> I am afraid that this is related to the branches. If you modify the text
> in the branch "0" it is not automatically updated in other branches. I
> am not sure if there is a way to synchronize this. Yi Fan?

Usually when we have a newly added test case translation in version 0,
it will take effect as a new version is created, which is copied from
test case version 0.

By the fact a test cases in a test run is bound to a specific version,
to make the translation taking effect for an existed test run, we need
to update the test case content for a speific version more than for
version 0 only. That is to say, switch to the right test case version
then paste the newly added translation from version 0 :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

--
  Yifan Jiang