[Libreoffice-qa] Version in fdo version picker for SI-GUI

Florian Reisinger reisi007 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 10:17:22 PDT 2013

Am 14.04.2013 um 18:39 schrieb Rainer Bielefeld <
LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de>:

Florian Reisinger schrieb:

Hi Florian,

how will distribution be in future? A solution with Extensions website
(what will need the latest build there) or will you remove SI-GUI from
there and only contribute links on the QA Wiki pages and similar?

Difficult to say... Unless there is a change in location the setup.exe @
extensions.libreoffice.org should work in the same way as the setup.exe
versions from dev-builds.libreoffice.org -> Both are downloading the latest
version. THAT is why I ask for 1 version --> Within 3 days everyone should
get a prompt "update available" so only "master" is needed....

BTW: The great job on the wiki is mostly done by Robinson (by the way: A
big Thank you for that :) )

*What the distribution system is like (in short):* Everyone gets the latest
version, when the .exe points there. I will not update
extensions.libreoffice.org (unless -> location change) or any wiki page
(wiki -> unless visual editor) in the near future, but the information
should be up-to-date for a quite long time, so that it does not really
matter....
(I hope everyone understands that... Rephrased: *Rolling releases, with an
online installer + updater,* which tries to *download the latest
version*from an specific URL.
*That will work unless the URL changes...*)

Really hope that this helps :)

Best regards

Rainer

Liebe Grüße, / Yours,