[Libreoffice-qa] Enhancements - Getting User Input

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 20:18:17 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Is there any way that we could get a user voted enhancement per release
system going? This might be a great way to get users involved and excited.

My proposal:

We select 10-15 possible enhancements that can be completed in a
reasonably short period of time (within a minor release). We blog about
this (I can do this) with a simple poll. We then announce this to the
user list and make some PR announcement about "we are listening to what
you think!". Allowing this would limit the list to enhancements that we
agree can be done in a short period but open up "which enhancement" to
the wider community.

My thought is we attempt this for our next release in 4.1

Thoughts?

Included devs and QA as both are involved with this decision.

Best,
Joel