[Libreoffice-qa] Enhancements - Getting User Input

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Apr 15 03:06:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 08:18:17PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> We select 10-15 possible enhancements that can be completed in a
> reasonably short period of time (within a minor release). We blog
> about this (I can do this) with a simple poll. We then announce this
> to the user list and make some PR announcement about "we are
> listening to what you think!". Allowing this would limit the list to
> enhancements that we agree can be done in a short period but open up
> "which enhancement" to the wider community.
>
> My thought is we attempt this for our next release in 4.1
>
> Thoughts?

Nope, at least not with PR or "we are listening to what you think!" up front.
It needs to be the other way around: If you find a set of enhancements that
seem to be valueable to users, the primary goals needs to be to sell those
ideas to developers. Before a developer is commited to a task, there should not
be any PR about it. And if its a volunteer, there should not be any PR about it
before the task is _finished_. Everything else will end in tears.

Best,

Bjoern