[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Conference Call 2013-04-19 - Agenda & Minutes

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 04:50:15 PDT 2013

Hi Rainer, all,
On 20/04/2013 11:29, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Sophie Gautier schrieb:
>
>> please consider that we (FR group) are acting as a community and not as
>> individuals,
>
>> Concerning this process
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BSA/Localization
>> it seems a bit bureaucratic to me.
>
> Hi Sophie,
>
> I agree. Currently I see a tendency that the QA calls generate decisions
> and want to change proceedings without knowing enough concerning
> existing proceedings. The advisable way would be to ask the French QA
> team via mailing list to leave some notes in the Wiki how they proceed
> (or how they plan to proceed). If then someone has ideas for
> improvements he can start a discussion with the team within the team (as
> a newbee there). And only with very good urgent reasons (coordinations
> needs between such sub-communities or whatever) a discussion may be
> started on international level.
>
> What's more or less the same what Sophie said more friendly.

On one hand I understand that the QA team would like more communication
between subgroups and their team, but the same happens for marketing or
communication. So it's not dedicated to QA, NL projects are always shy
about what they are doing. On the other hand each NL project has his on
way to build his community, sometimes only online, sometimes more during
live meetings, and this is one thing that should be taken into account
when setting general processes.

> BTW, @Sophie:
> Is the BSA-Fr already working or at least is there some concrete goal
> when it should work [2]?

It's not working yet, I think that the e-mail issue is still not solved
and I didn't get news from Rob about it.

If the problems still will need some time for a
> solution, and also may be for bug reports in French language what will
> find their way into Bugzilla also in future, I can offer a Bugzilla
> solution. The qa at fr mailing list will get exactly 1 mail if the list
> will be added as QA-contact or similar. If the 10 key bug wranglers [1]
> know how to proceed that should work nearby 100% perfect. Precondition
> is that the list has a Bugzilla account, the rest are some smart e-mail
> settings for the account.
>
> I prefer such a solution to the current proceeding to add French
> language users to CC.

yes, that's a good solution.

> If you are interested please simply discuss on the fr-qa list and send a
> ping to me if I can help.

We have already discussed this on the fr-qa list, so members are aware that:
- we may receive mails in English asking to translate the bug (currently
the bug is translated and should be also checked)
- we should soon receive mail from BSA that will report issues in French
and will need to be checked, searched for duplicates, and reported in
Bugzilla if needed.
As I said I'll document the BSA process in our team when it will work in
French for our members and in English for the other groups who would
like to join. BTW, I think that almost all the QA pages are translated
into French now.

Kind regards
Sophie