[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Conference Call 2013-04-19 - Agenda & Minutes

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sat Apr 20 15:40:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 11:29:59AM +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Currently I see a tendency that the QA calls generate
> decisions and want to change proceedings without knowing enough
> concerning existing proceedings

You are kindly invited to join the call to improve the situation. AFAIK we even
changed the timeslot of the call already multiple times trying to accomodate more
participants.

> The advisable way would be to ask the French QA team via mailing list to
> leave some notes in the Wiki how they proceed (or how they plan to proceed).
> If then someone has ideas for improvements he can start a discussion with the
> team within the team (as a newbee there). And only with very good urgent
> reasons (coordinations needs between such sub-communities or whatever) a
> discussion may be started on international level.

This project was started out of the needs of the NL project -- in that case it
has to ensure in some way to stay reasonably responsive. Note also that a
mailing list is precisely _NOT_ what is needed here, as then there is nobody
feeling responsible for it. I would be happy with either Sophie or Charles
naming one or two people as the contact persons to the NL community in this
case if they are overloaded themselves (which they are), but not with a mailing
list -- esp. not one of a community that Sophie describes as "NL projects are
always shy about what they are doing".

Best,

Bjoern