[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Conference Call 2013-04-19 - Agenda & Minutes

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 01:19:50 PDT 2013

Hi all,
On 21/04/2013 00:40, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 11:29:59AM +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
>> Currently I see a tendency that the QA calls generate
>> decisions and want to change proceedings without knowing enough
>> concerning existing proceedings
>
> You are kindly invited to join the call to improve the situation. AFAIK we even
> changed the timeslot of the call already multiple times trying to accomodate more
> participants.
>
>> The advisable way would be to ask the French QA team via mailing list to
>> leave some notes in the Wiki how they proceed (or how they plan to proceed).
>> If then someone has ideas for improvements he can start a discussion with the
>> team within the team (as a newbee there). And only with very good urgent
>> reasons (coordinations needs between such sub-communities or whatever) a
>> discussion may be started on international level.
>
> This project was started out of the needs of the NL project -- in that case it
> has to ensure in some way to stay reasonably responsive. Note also that a
> mailing list is precisely _NOT_ what is needed here, as then there is nobody
> feeling responsible for it.

This FR QA list is not a discuss list but a working list and each member
invested on QA feels responsible of the work done here. Again, some
teams may work in different ways.

 I would be happy with either Sophie or Charles
> naming one or two people as the contact persons to the NL community in this
> case if they are overloaded themselves (which they are), but not with a mailing
> list -- esp. not one of a community that Sophie describes as "NL projects are
> always shy about what they are doing".

You didn't read what I was talking about (culture and communication), I
was not talking about responsiveness and responsibility. I don't think
that overwhelming another member is the good way to go. But as
Jean-Baptiste volunteered, the problem is solved.

Kind regards
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier <sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org>