[Libreoffice-qa] Addressing regressions within a release

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Apr 24 01:45:36 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:21:31PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> Apologies for my lack of technical skills, but...what does this mean
> exactly? In terms of QA being able to use it, is it ready? Almost
> ready?

The stuff that I pushed would allow you to build the bibisect repo if you would
understand how it is intended to be used -- which is the trouble, as it is
severelt underdocumented right now.

> And for the bibisect repo, that would be up to most recent
> commit?

The one I have sitting on my local disc? The last version it contains is
4.0.0.0.beta1. It does not contain any master commits -- so e.g. you can see
were it broke between libreoffice-4-0-branch-point and the libreoffice-3.6.4.3.
But it has all the microreleases e.g. 3.6.2.1, 3.6.2.2, 3.6.3.1 ... so you can
see if and where is broke _in_ one major release. So its a bibisect repo
without any of the intermediate steps on master, but with all released versions
(including rcs and alpha/betas).

Im packing what I have right now and will try to upload it today, I guess just
playing around with it might make it easier to see what I mean. ;)

Best,

Bjoern