[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration Plan

Florian Reisinger florei at libreoffice.org
Mon Aug 12 22:54:44 PDT 2013

Hi Jochen, Rob,

Am 12.08.2013 um 23:33 schrieb Robinson Tryon <bishop.robinson at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Jochen <oooml at jochenschiffers.de> wrote:
>> Hi Robinson,
>>
>> my thoughts are
>>
>> 1) wow - great idea and good plan/implementation
>
> Thanks! We hope that people like it :-)
>
>> Then
>> 2) What benefits?
>
> There are a number of reasons for us to migrate to our own bugtracker.
> Off the top of my head:

I will add something to the list, some quite personal.

> - Be able to update field labels
> - Have the bug tracker under a libreoffice.org url
> - Easily have more than one product listed (e.g. Website bugs, Android
> Impress Remote bugs, Marketing bugs, etc..)
> - Change email defaults
-No default assingie (If no one is assigned, then no one is assigned - so easy to understand)
-Implementation of "take" for QA contact, which should not be too difficult...
-No whiteboard status for QA any more (only keywords, which do not need to be tested.
- More then one version field (we might discuss that) One for earliest tested version, where the bug exists and one for the latest tested version. IMHO we could do some nice (and thus helpful queries)
- (sample scenario) I am going to file a bug against the impress Remote (Android). Which OS should I take? I will take Linux, because it is the closed to Android....
-We can install addons and themes (okay, last is minor, but we could have a green bugzilla)
We could have OpenID or other methods

> - Have our bugzilla code stored in git

-Bugzilla updates via cvs...

> - Activate voting
> - Bulk-update bugs without spamming the devs each time
>
> [...]
>
> speaking of...Cheers,
> --R

Liebe Grüße, / Yours,