[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration Plan

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Aug 13 02:05:46 PDT 2013

Florian Reisinger píše v Út 13. 08. 2013 v 07:57 +0200:
> Hi bfoman,
>
> Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
> Florian Reisinger
>
> Am 12.08.2013 um 21:58 schrieb bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com>:
>

> > Robinson Tryon wrote
> > [...]
> > Hi!
> > I think this should be all or nothing operation - LibreOffice bugs
> > moved to
> > new instance along with every account that touched the bug.
> > Personally I
> > would like to have my account auto-moved, just like big mail systems
> > do it.
> > Explanation before, during and after, good FAQ about the rationale
> > and
> > change password link in welcome message would be welcomed. Not
> > mentioning
> > all personal searches, settings, tags intact.
> >

> You meant "Directly to a new instance"? I fear we are not allowed to
> do this, because of privacy issues...

I think that we should discuss this with some layers. I hope that the
board of directors or ESC could find one.

It would be great to avoid the "ask for permission" step if possible. It
would be a lot of work. Note that the overloaded FDO bugzilla admins
would need to extract the user infos selectively again and again. Also I
am afraid that we will not get many approvals because people simply
won't mind.

Also I am not sure about the point:

- Add a default license/ToS for all users/new bugs (I suggest CC-BY-SA
3.0 for consistency)

On one hand it would be interesting to get test documents under certain
license. On the other hand, people must not be scared to attach them.
Also we should not overengineer it ;-)

Finally, I support the idea of our own bugzilla. It might solve many of
the mentioned problems. On the other hand, I am still a bit unsure about
the needed work. Do we already have a volunteer who could maintain
it? ;-)

Best Regards,
Petr