[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration Plan

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Tue Aug 13 08:52:28 PDT 2013

Florian Reisinger wrote
> You meant "Directly to a new instance"? I fear we are not allowed to do
> this, because of privacy issues...

Hi!
So lets check bugs.freedesktop.org, www.libreoffice.org/bugzilla,
www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/, or whatever is the other link to the same
Bugzilla instance Privacy Policy. Wait, I don't recollect to read anything
more than the following:
/PRIVACY NOTICE: Bugzilla is an open bug tracking system. Activity on most
bugs, including email addresses, will be visible to the public. We recommend
using a secondary account or free web email service (such as Gmail, Yahoo,
Hotmail, or similar) to avoid receiving spam at your primary email address.
/
This Bugzilla is already available at www.libreoffice.org/bugzilla so I
think it is just technical operation. No lawyers involved as there is no
privacy policy whatsoever (well, this could make some concerned, not
mentioning EU cookie law hunters).
I cannot imagine a per user "ask for ack" migration of more than 8000
accounts of people ever reported in LibreOffice product. Bugzilla bugs are
connected to UserIDs. You pretty much can't delete an account without a risk
of getting referential integrity problems in your database . On the other
hand having orphaned bugs with artificial UserIDs and then reassigning bugs
back to reporters by hand or scripting sounds like horror story. Also having
bugs anonymized doesn't have much sense.
Best regards.
BTW: You can read OpenOffice Bugzilla to Apache migration announcement here
-
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-users/201109.mbox/%3CSNT126-DS17794D26E0ACE2103DEE6CDB1A0%40phx.gbl%3E.