[Libreoffice-qa] Collaboration with People using MS Office

Florian Reisinger florei at libreoffice.org
Thu Aug 22 11:34:25 PDT 2013

Hi Joel,

Please send the files to me as well....
And: doc should work okay, but docx IMHO ia still a pain in the neck (Word until 2003 created and all versions, which read doc, works. Doc files created by 2007 could be a problem, because MS might save some bits for "new versions only" in the doc, but I hope they don't. Docx is a pain, because MS didn't implement their standard as the "standard way to safe such files". There is a read only support for 2010+ and, not as default IMHO, saving in 2013+)

Hope that information helps....

Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger