[Libreoffice-qa] Collaboration with People using MS Office

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 17:05:32 PDT 2013

Hi Joel

jmadero wrote
> I'm trying to figure out if we already knew/know that it's virtually
> impossible to collaborate with MS Office users if you're using Writer
> with images/tables? I will report a bug if needed but I can't imagine
> this not already known and I just now am facing it.

Any document other than plain text can not be sent back and forward because
LO still doesn't handle doc/docx that well and MS refuses to handle odf
properly (it would be bad for business ;) )

I believe this is a know fact and the main reason why people prefer to pay
(or hack) MS Office rather than use a free suite like LO / AOO...

The only common language is PDF (which unfortunately is not an editable
format...)

But I do hope that TDF/Apache manage to get a perfect compatibility with doc
(probably not docx since it's a "moving target") in the future ;)

Maybe reporting "ad nauseam" all the little quirks found helps get there
faster :)

Cheers,
Pedro