[Libreoffice-qa] update-check of 3.6.x and 4.0.x to 4.0.5 activated

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 23 17:40:49 PDT 2013

Hi *,

I activated the update notification for version 4.0.5

Users running LO 3.6.x will also be prompted to update to 4.0.5 - this
might cause some trouble for users of ancient versions of Windows -
unfortunately there's no way to exclude those, as the version of
windows is not part of the info that is available to the update-check.

If people complain that they cannot update because their windows is
too old, the advice is to just disable the update check completely.
3.6.7 is the last version they can run on that system.

If you experience any problems with the update-check, be sure to drop
by in the libreoffice-dev or tdf-infra channel to have it sorted out.

In the same go, I added the update mapping of 4.1.0 alpha/beta/rc
users to 4.1.0 final version. If there are still people out there
using the alpha beta or one of the early RCs, They'll soon have
another proposed update to 4.1.1 once that is released. That might
cause some grief as well ("Urgh, you made me download that huuuuuge
installer twice in a month" - but OTOH they did download
prerelease-version, so probably don't mind that much)

ciao
Christian