[Libreoffice-qa] Missing symbols in squares in "Bullets and Numbering" dialog on "Image" tab

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sun Dec 1 10:57:05 PST 2013

Hello Pedro, *,
On Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013 19:43 Pedro wrote:
> Thomas Hackert wrote
>> if I open the above
>> mentioned dialog, I can only see squares with lines instead of
>> pictures and lines from the sixth square for a couple of rows ...
>> :(
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
>> 1. Open Writer or Impress
>> 2. Go to "Format – Bullets and Numbering..."
>> 3. Look at the right of the second row. You will see an square
>> with only adumbrated grey lines, but no symbol in front of it
>> 4. Scroll down and there are a couple of lines following without
>> a symbol ... :(
>
> You are referring to the "Graphics" tab in the "Bullets and
> Numbering" dialog (I know it was a translation from German, this
> is just to make it more accurate)

yes and no ... I am referring to the Graphics tab, but somehow
forgot to mention it, sorry ... :(

> I can confirm that there are no bullets after the 7th style. I
> confirmed this using 4.2 Alpha, 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 under Windows XP
> Pro x86 SP3 en_US. This is a regression from the 4.0 branch.

Now that you mentioned 4.1.3, I have looked at it as well. And yes,
you are right. They are missing there as well ... :(

> Under Windows the reason for this is that the folder
> %appdata%/LibreOffice/4/user/gallery does NOT contain a "bullets"
> sub-folder which should contain the png images.

O.K.

> This is NOT a problem with a corrupted Profile. The files simply
> aren't there. They are not added to the folder even if you create
> a new Profile.

O.K.

> Hope this helps ;)

Do you by any chance know, if it is already reported to bugzilla? If
not, I will do it tomorrow (enough translation and testing today ...
;) ), unless you have the time and energy to do it ... ;)
Thanks for confirming and have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
NP: Crazy Quilt Bouquet – Lucky