[Libreoffice-qa] Tinderbox builds

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 12:02:21 PST 2013

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> Apart from availability of daily builds is it possible to increase the
> storage space available for tinderbox builds? Seems currently only 14 latest
> builds of each branch are available (when all works like expected). This
> doesn't allow to think about building any regression/bisect script/tool
> (based on SI-GUI?) for Windows, which would download a build, install it,
> ask a question, save answer, download earlier build if needed etc.

that is what bibisect repo are for.
downloading 100 to 200MB per iteration is not a nice solution for anyone.
bibsect repo are bigger to start with.. so the initial setup is
slower... but after that the bisection can be done completely offline
I do not have data for windows.. but for mac, I'm putting the
finishing touch to a bibisect repo for the 4-2 series... which contain
so far 2559 builds for 5GB.

iow such nice gui wrapper should really use a bibisect repo under the
cover rather than downloading daily builds...

of course windows pose 'special' challenge... a bibisect repo for
windows should not accumulate msi fiels as they do not lend themself
well to compression in git
but SI-GUI could probably be tauch to use a 'pre-installed' version...
doing wahtever tweak windows need in the cover to fake a 'real'
install when one switch from one version to the other in the bibisect
repo

Norbert