[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration: Abbreviation to replace fdo#12345

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:57:37 PST 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > * lo
> 1st rank. YES!
>> > * lobz
> No, too long. Lobster, anyone?
>
> From my view of a developer who has to type and squeeze these into the
> alreay short enough commit summary line.

Hi all -- thank you for voting! For those of you who haven't yet
voted...do it! We'll close the voting process at the next QA call.

Here's a quick summary of how the votes have been cast so far:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/LibreOffice_Bugzilla_Proposal#We.27re_now_voting.21.21.21

The devs really like lo# (as it gives them more room in commit
messages), but by a wide margin the only 4-char abbreviation in the
list has taken an early lead.

--R,
thinking that LObster might not be the worst idea for our mascot :-)