[Libreoffice-qa] Updater improvements

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Fri Dec 6 00:40:06 PST 2013

Hello Robinson, *,
On Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013 09:22 Robinson Tryon wrote:
> We've chatted a bit about some of the shortcomings of the updater
> lately, and I've come up with a couple of suggestions for
> improving not only the updater, but parts of our build system and
> bug tracker as well.
<snip>
> So to sum up, my suggestion is that we store version information
> in a database such that it can be
> - Updated by the official build/upload process
> - Updated by the person(s) who picks the 'stable' build
> - Queried by the BSA
> - Queried by various websites that need the information
>
> Did I forget anything?

I do not know, but as a user, who prefers to use bugzilla directly
instead of BSA ... ;) What about the version field in bugzilla?
Would it be possible to add/remove versions there too, if needed?
Or would this rate among your BSA proposal ;?
Have a nice day
Thomas.

--
When Dexter's on the Internet, can Hell be far behind?"