[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration: Abbreviation to replace fdo#12345

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:31:53 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Mat M <matm at gmx.fr> wrote:
> You should have cross-posted the vote announcement on all concerned lists,
> then you'd been more votes.

What are the 'concerned lists'? i10n? projects? website?  Lots of
people interact with the bugtracker, chief among them, the QA team.

For me, the abbreviation is just one small part of the bigger Bugzilla
migration plan:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/LibreOffice_Bugzilla_Proposal

The reason we're having a vote now is because
Nov 8 - I mentioned abbreviation in the proposal
Nov 10/11 - Discussed abbrevs on the QA list
Nov 18 - QA Meeting decided to ask ESC for input
Nov 21 - ESC offered suggestions; said "the guys doing the work should choose."
Nov 21 - Looked for consensus on QA list
Dec 1 - Saw no consensus; Moving to vote on the QA list

I felt like I was working hard to go through appropriate channels.
Perhaps if I'd spent more time I could've gotten more input from other
groups, but at this point I feel like I've already spent a ton of time
on just this one little piece.

> Well, if you want to mimic fdo, abbrev should be loo (libreoffice.org
> instead of freedesktop.org)
> loo is a good trade-off : more than 2, but less than 4; different of the
> standard lo we use to shortcut LibreOffice

IIRC, in en-GB 'loo' == toilet

(not that there aren't any piss-poor bug reports in FDO right now...)

> if loo# has no access to the vote list ;)

Given that I already outlined the parameters for voting, I'm not sure
it'd be appropriate for me to change them now.

> BTW, I vote also for lo#

ok -- vote recorded.

If the devs really want lo#, just send in enough people to vote and
the outcome will be certain.

--R