[Libreoffice-qa] Bug-Reporting: Needinfo sets "confimed" to 1

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 00:32:05 PST 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 3:12 AM, Robert Großkopf
> <robert at familiegrosskopf.de> wrote:
>> could be I understand this wrong. But in the last months there are many
>> people setting bugs to "NEEDINFO" which are "UNCONFIRMED". So I get the
>> feedback from bugzilla
>> Ever confirmed → Removed 0 → Added 1
>> The bug has never been confirmed by any other person than the
>> bug-reporter. But with setting it to "NEEDINFO" (There is asked for a
>> better description or for an attachment ...) it seems to be confirmed.

Interestingly, if/once the bug is set back to 'UNCONFIRMED', that flag
is cleared. It's not (as many of us probably assumed) a
write-once-never-change field. See an example in the activity here:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_activity.cgi?id=72402

So while I question the logic of setting it at all when the status
changes to NEEDINFO, at least bugzilla is cleaning it back up if/when
we move status back to UNCONFIRMED.

--R