[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration: Abbreviation to replace fdo#12345

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 11:32:31 PST 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Up at the top of your email you said:
> "I'm sorry I apparently started a bikeshed on this..."
>
> ...but the length and breadth of your email belies that
> characterization of this particular decision about abbreviations. This
> is clearly not a bikeshed decision, or you and Mat would (hopefully)
> not be so invested in what abbreviation is chosen.

A bikeshed is when we have very long discusion about something due to
the fact that it is a 'simple' problem, hence everyone feel is his
qualified to give some input...
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_law_of_triviality
And yes, I'm guilty of it here... so I'll leave it be for now... if we
end up with xkcd# or lobz# I'll be annoyed, but I'll get over it :-D

Norbert