[Libreoffice-qa] Grammar check does not work, when there is no spellcheck in a document

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sun Dec 8 01:51:31 PST 2013

Hi again,
"sigh" ... It seems, either I expect too unexpected things from LO,
or the grammar check is not usable at all ... :( But if I switch my
UI settings to en-US, I can write something completely rubbish, and
the grammar checker will not find it, if all words are written
correctly ... :(

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Writer
2. Check, if your UI language is set to "English (USA)" at "Tools –
Options – Language Settings – Languages"
3. Enter e.g. "Does he known, that he has wrong." (/I/ would say,
this sentence is utterly wrong, but I may be wrong here ... ;) ).
4. If you are using a different language than en-US on your system,
you should see all words underlined as errors
5. Rightclick and choose "Set language for paragraph" to "English
(USA)"
6. Set your cursor to the beginning of the line
7. Press <F7> to start the spellchecker

On my system, I get the message
<quote>
The spellcheck is complete.
</quote>
.
I would expect, that the grammar check will mark "known" and "has"
as (possible) error. What do you others think? Is this an expected
behaviour? Am I completely wrong here?

LO: Version: 4.2.0.0.beta2 Build ID:
1a27be92e320f97c20d581a69ef1c8b99ea9885d
OS: Debian Testing AMD64

Thanks for any comments
Thomas.

--
You will not be elected to public office this year.