[Libreoffice-qa] Git error with bibisect40

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon Dec 9 12:30:01 PST 2013

On Sat, 2013-12-07 at 05:33 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Ken Biondi <kenbiondi at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > While attempting bibisect I got the following error:
> >

> >      ken at ubuntu:/media/LACIE/LO-Bibisect/Bibi4/bibisect40$ git checkout oldest
> >      error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
> >          opt/CREDITS.odt
> >          opt/LICENSE.odt
> >          .
> >          .
> >          .
> >          opt/program/libodbclo.so
> >          opt/pr
> >    Aborting
> >
> > Any ideas on how to fix this?  I tried "git reset --hard" to no avail.
>
> git clean -fd
> git reset --hard
>
> should do the trick

For this situation, the wiki page "How to Bibisect"
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/HowToBibisect#Installed_LibreOffice_became_modified_unexpectedly>
prescribes:

    git checkout .

>From my limited understanding of git, I think either solution would do
the job.  Should I add Norbert's pair of commands to the wiki in
addition to or instead of what is there?

Thanks,
Terry.