[Libreoffice-qa] Bibisect Roundup

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 15:28:35 PST 2013

Robinson Tryon wrote
>> I'm not sure I understand this bibi stuff but isn't it easier to have a
>> user
>> friendly version that just runs the last release of each branch (actually
>> that is what I do with portable versions under Windows)?
>
> What kind of search pattern do you use?

It is not that sophisticated.  If there is a bug, load it in latest version,
if I can replicate it: bug is confirmed. Repeat procedure with 4.0.6
portable: if bug exists go to previous branch if not it's a regression from
branch 4.0. If bug exists in all portable builds including 3.3.4 then it's
inherited from OOo

Of course this is a first coarse approach but it takes me 6 tries to narrow
down to the branch level...

Robinson Tryon wrote
> By the time we're done with the GUI, I hope that bibisecting a
> regression will be easier than triaging a bug.

Sounds interesting :) Can you do the same for tracing an LO crash under
Windows? :)