[Libreoffice-qa] Bibisect Roundup

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 16:03:55 PST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robinson Tryon wrote
>> You'll just need Cygwin or Git-Bash or whatever we recommend for
>> development work
>> on Windows for the git operations :-)
>
> I'm sorry... That is *not* English :) Developese is not one of my languages
> ;)

So there are two possibilities for Windows
1) We give people a VM so that they can just run Ubuntu or something
(with all the tools pre-installed, of course)
2) We give people some kind of pre-built install so that they can just
download and unzip something

> I meant "easier than triaging a bug" as in "even a dumb non-developer can do
> that without having to installing 10Gb of SDKs and whatnots" ;)

I think we can make the install process much simpler, but I don't know
a good way around the disk requirements. "Full" bibisect installs will
run between 10-30GB, and could increase 5+GB with each new release
branch. Thankfully, disk is cheap...

--R