[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1 test builds available

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 18 12:13:04 PST 2013

Hi *,

for the upcoming new version 4.2.0, the builds for rc1 are now
available on pre-releases.
Besides the usual builds, there are also 64bit builds for Mac
available for testing.

Also new: Starting with 4.2.0rc1, developers (and people doing some
"low-level" QA) on windows can make use of the symbol server to get
pdb files for debugging the release builds. The symbol server's URL is

http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols

(upload not finished yet — see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/How_to_get_a_backtrace_with_WinDbg
on how to make use of it)

*NOTE*:
It is the first of three scheduled release candidates and as such will
update your existing installation.

See

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/4.2#4.2.0_release

for the complete schedule.

Grab the builds from here here:

 http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/

The builds include the full set of languages.
RC1 marks English UI and string freeze, therefore translation is
not complete, but please especially point out areas that already have
translation checked in, but appear untranslated in the uI with your
corresponding l10n team.

If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report any severe
bugs not yet in bugzilla here, so we can incorporate  them into the
release notes. Please note that it takes approximately 24 hours to
populate the mirrors, so that's about the time we have to collect
feedback.

The list of fixed bugs relative to 4.2.0 beta2 is here:

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugs-libreoffice-4-2-release-4.2.0.1.log

So playing with the areas touched there also greatly appreciated  -
and validation that those bugs are really fixed.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Christian