[Libreoffice-qa] tag for new features

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Thu Dec 19 09:54:32 PST 2013

sophi wrote
>> We've been using CamelCase tags with some success. What about
>> NeedsHelpFile?  (NeedsDocumentation ?)
>
> I would like to ask the developers to open an issue each time a help text
> is
> needed for a feature, or each time a help text needs to be modified to
> reflect the feature correctly.

Hi!
I would propose to start using flags after migration to own Bugzilla
instance, as you cannot whiteboard everything and abusing this field will do
more harm. See http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.4/en/html/flags-overview.html.
For instance following flags could be introduced:
- documentation - indicating that a new feature should be documented
- moztrap - indication that test case in moztrap should be created
- relnotes - indication that a feature should be described on release notes
page
etc.
Flags are searchable, so everyone interested in participating, whether it be
creating moztrap test cases, writing documentation etc. could add a Bugzilla
search or create a whine (when enabled) for particular flag.
Flags have states, so a documentation request could be done simply by
setting documentation? and when done changed to documentation+.
Of course granting or denying a documentation flag could be allowed by
documentation team for instance (or those in documentation bugzilla security
group).
Just my few cents.
Best regards.