[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1 test builds available

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Thu Dec 19 16:50:01 PST 2013

Christian,  (aka. at cloph).

Thanks, the new symbols do work fine even if we can't review them in a
browser.

Not much of a programmer so don't load Visual Studio,  personally in my
day-to-day sysadmin work on Windows I prefer running the SysInternals
ProcessMonitor (v3.0.5) to fully log ALL system processes during a crash.
And with access now to the LibreOffice symbols we can  follow process and
threads with stack traces exposed with the symbols Debug Help dbghelp.dll
from the Windows 8.1 SDK .

Working with the new symbols, I've simply set the ProcessMonitor symbols
paths to:
*CACHE*C:\symbols;SRV*http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols;SRV*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
*  against the LO 4.2.0.1 RC1 build.

<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4089090/LO_symbols.png>

And to return to working with master build, I'll replace the
SRV*http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols  with
*SRV*http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@39/symbols/*
to work against Kendy's TB-39 debug builds of master.

Stuart