[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Integration of Impress remote control - Related problems - BUGZILLAASSISTANT

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Wed Feb 13 04:14:40 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

Le 2013-02-13 06:21, Rainer Bielefeld a écrit :
> Hi Rob, Hi Marc,
>
> if I remember correctly Marc complained that WWW is not a very good
> Bugzilla Component for BSA related issues, and at least I agree with
> that assessment. May be following the discussion here will bring up some
> better ideas?
>
> Best regards
>

> Rainer

My comment on the BSA Bugzilla component was that, when a bug was filed
for the BSA, that an email/post was sent to the website team. I thought
that it would be more appropriate to send these email updates of
"BSA-related-submitted bugs" to the QA team. I would imagine that there
would be better discussion taken up on the QA team than on the website
team where most of the team members are more concerned with
infrastructure decisions and of correcting high/low level corrections to
the website. From what I can see, the BSA bugs have more to to with its
coding as well as issues having more to deal with QA.

I am not sure if this impacts the placement of the Impress remote
control BUT I am a huge fan of the BSA and would hope that it would
remain as accessible as possible for our users to report bugs.

However, I am also a huge fan of the Impress remote.

So, to me, from a user's point of view, I would expect to see the
Impress remote in the "Presentation" component. It would be the natural
place for me to seek. I don't believe that it would be any more
advantageous to put the Impress remote as a top component.

As far as the BSA, ideally, I would probably look for it as a component
of its own. I think that most tools/software usually offer a direct link
to collect user suggestions of repairs/fixes (typically found in the
"Help" menu). So, having the BSA as a top component in the list would
get my vote (maybe shorten it to "Bug Assistant" component). I don't
believe users would expect to see the BSA in the WWW component.

I am not sure if this is the information you were looking for.

Rainer: Thanks for the amazing work on the bug issues. It is a huge job
that people are just not that aware if its needs. Neither are they aware
enough of the time you spend on it. Thanks for all of this.

Marc

--
Marc Paré
Marc at MarcPare.com