[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-users] Re: MySQL-Connector

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:02:27 PST 2013

On 02/21/2013 03:09 AM, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> Le 20/02/2013 23:16, Dan Lewis a écrit :
>
> Hi Dan,
>
>> checking for GCONF... yes
>> checking whether to enable GNOME VFS support... yes
>> checking for GNOMEVFS... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.6.0 ) were
>> not met:
>> No package 'gnome-vfs-2.0' found
> As you found out yourself, you need to install a whole load of Gnome VFS
> libraries. Quite why, on Ubuntu, this isn't pulled in with the build-dep
> script, I really don't know, an oversight on the Ubuntu developers part,
> I guess.
>

> Alex
      Some very good news!!! ... and some questions.
      Last evening, I deleted the libo folder and basically began again
using git. I let "make" run overnight. This morning, I accidentally ran
"make install" getting an error message of not being able to create a
folder in /usr/... . So, I used "sudo make install" instead. The build
was installed in /usr/lib/... . So, being curious, I tried "sudo make
install" instead. The build was installed within the solver folder as it
should be. I made ooenv executable and ran it. Since then I have run
soffice and looked at Help > About LibreOffice. I now have my own alpha
build number!
      One further test: I ran Base in my new LO-DEV opening MySQL.odb
which connects to my MySQL server. (This is a copy of the file I use to
connect to MySQL. So, if it becomes corrupted, I still have the original
database file.) I successfully connected to the MySQL server.
      Again because I was curious, I looked at the libreoffice
configuration folder, specifically the extension folder. It contained
buildid file which contained a number. I checked this number against the
build number of my new Alpha version. They matched.
     It appears that I have created an alpha version of the MySQL native
connector. So where is this connector in the extension folder? What is
the next step to convert it into the .oxt final version?

--Dan