[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-users] Re: MySQL-Connector

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:24:34 PST 2013

Le 22/02/2013 14:02, Dan Lewis a écrit :

Hi Dan,

>       Some very good news!!! ... and some questions.
>       Last evening, I deleted the libo folder and basically began again
> using git. I let "make" run overnight. This morning, I accidentally ran
> "make install" getting an error message of not being able to create a
> folder in /usr/... . So, I used "sudo make install" instead. The build
> was installed in /usr/lib/... . So, being curious, I tried "sudo make

Hmm, you should've probably done a "make dev-install" instead of "make
install", as now, you've got a link to your dev build in your /usr/lib/,
i.e. it will have overwritten any default LO installation that you
already had, I think. The advantage of "make dev-install" is that it
keeps everything in your LO development directory.

> install" instead. The build was installed within the solver folder as it
> should be. I made ooenv executable and ran it. Since then I have run
> soffice and looked at Help > About LibreOffice. I now have my own alpha
> build number!
>       One further test: I ran Base in my new LO-DEV opening MySQL.odb
> which connects to my MySQL server. (This is a copy of the file I use to
> connect to MySQL. So, if it becomes corrupted, I still have the original
> database file.) I successfully connected to the MySQL server.
>       Again because I was curious, I looked at the libreoffice
> configuration folder, specifically the extension folder. It contained
> buildid file which contained a number. I checked this number against the
> build number of my new Alpha version. They matched.
>      It appears that I have created an alpha version of the MySQL native
> connector. So where is this connector in the extension folder? What is
> the next step to convert it into the .oxt final version?

The connector itself isn't alpha anything, as the actual connector
libary code doesn't change version much, and was only bumped to 1.0.2
last year with a change in the requirement for the version of
libmysqlclient.

As for its whereabouts, you should be able to find it here :

/core/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/ExtensionTarget/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt

and

/core/solver/unxlngx6.pro/bin/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt

and

/core/mysqlc/unxlngx6.pro/bin/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt

In my builds, it has a size of about 2Mb. This is because the connector
links to libmysqlclient and libmysqlcppconn, whereas on the Mac, it is
packaged altogether with these libraries (or at least it should be)
leading to an OXT file that weighs in at about 4Mb.

Alex